Monday 19 April 2010

Fourth time's the charm


After three miserable attempts, I have finally mastered my skills of baking a chewy brownie. It started when my Environmental Club organized an annual event called Enviro Jam to raise funds. A few members decided to have a bake sale, which included brownies, cookies, and other snacks. As I taste my first bite of chewy brownie, I was yet determined to try and bake them myself. For my first attempt, I ended up with a cake-like batch of brownies. The disappointment did not end there. It repeated itself for two more times. I shamefully admit to defeat and asked my fellow friend who baked the chewy brownies. Nothing discouraged me more than the sound of the words, “I made them from a Brownie Mix Box”, traveling through her mouth. So today, I decided to give it another try. When I opened the oven, I thought I have yet failed once more because the surface of the brownie was firm. I let it cool down and returned a few minutes after. Much to my surprise, it was not cake-like. It was finally chewy! I couldn’t be happier. Whoever said third time’s the charm?


Sniff*. Why do I smell smoke? D’oh! The oven is still on.

No comments:

Post a Comment